Convening committee members have put considerable time and thought into sourcing three options for various types of accommodation, at the most cost-effective prices, from the many possibilities available in Noumea. All prices quoted here have been converted from the local currency (Pacific francs) and/or Euros and rounded off in Australian dollars – be aware that there could be a bit of up or down movement in the conversion rate, and thus the cost, between now and November.
- The first and cheapest option is the University’s on-campus self-contained studios and apartment. A T1 studio (price $AUD36 per night) is suitable for only one person while a T2 apartment ($AUD45) can sleep two people in separate rooms. Please note that although being on campus means only a short stroll to the site of the conference, it is some way from the central city and public transport is infrequent. There is a canteen/café on site and some nearby restaurants and stores. Those who wish to book either T1 or T2 will need to email email@example.com stating which type and how many nights are required. Payment will then be required via bank transfer to the OCIES account as soon as the booking is confirmed. The availability of both types is limited so it will be a matter of first in first served.
- The second option is the Nouvata, a large hotel located along the busy and colourful L’Anse Vata beachfront. Nouvata offers a range of room types and all the usual amenities (pool, gym, restaurants etc) found in a hotel that serves a wide variety of guests and events. The types of rooms listed below range from least to most expensive – because of the very generous discount negotiated all are very reasonably priced:Standard Room: include kitchen (fridge/microwave) facilities
- with pool/garden view for 1 or 2 people: $AUD93
- with ocean view for 1 or 2 people: $AUD105.
- with pool/garden view for 1 or 2 people: $AUD105
- with ocean view for 1 or 2 people: $AUD118.
- with pool/garden view for 1 or 2 people: $AUD118
- with ocean view for 1 or 2 people: $AUD130.
NB: You are responsible for making your own reservation at Nouvata. In order to receive the reduced price do so through by emailing either of these two addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com and use Booking Code OCIES2017.
Your reservation will be confirmed soon after it is made and payment will be expected at the time you check into the hotel. Standard and Comfort rooms can accommodate a third person for an additional cost of $AUD57. Premium rooms can accommodate up to four people with the same extra cost for the third and fourth persons
3. The third option sourced is for very roomy and well-equipped two bedroom/two bathroom self-contained apartments at Casa Del Sole, located not far from the Nouvata, with easy access to both Noumea’s beaches – L’Anse Vata and Baie des Citrons. The discounted price for one such apartment, which can accommodate four people comfortably, is $AUD180 per night. Wifi and house cleaning are additional costs. Those wishing to reserve an apartment at this price must do so directly through Casa Del Sole’s electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org and state that the booking is for the OCIES conference.
PLEASE NOTE: because options 2 and 3 are located some distance from UNC (the site of the conference) the convenors will organise a shuttle bust to pick up conference participants from Casa Del Sole and Nouvata each morning and transport them to UNC, then deliver them back to each of the two hotels at the end of each day. It will not be possible to provide this service to any conference participants choosing to stay elsewhere.