‘Ka Pō Ho’iho’i – Black as the spectrum in unity’ by Dr Nālani Wilson-Hokowhitu
This watercolour on paper painting, Ka Pō Hoʻihoʻi – Black as the Spectrum in Unity (2020), is the first of a developing series by Dr Nālani Wilson-Hokowhitu. It is a celebration of Kanaka Maoli (Native Hawaiian) genealogical connections to Pō, the beginnings of creation, as an abundant source of potentiality. Born from stars, humans comprise of the same elements, such as carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen. As we more profoundly consider these interconnections, what does this mean to the fundamental rights of other planets? What can we learn from Pacific and Indigenous Studies about how to more respectfully voyage into the universe?
International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives (IEJ:CP) is the official journal of the Oceania Comparative and International Education Society (OCIES). It is an international, peer-reviewed journal for advancing academic quality and rigor in comparative and international education research. IEJ:CP seeks to promote scholarly discussion of the relationships among educational policy and practice, theory, and cross-disciplinary global studies.
We publish research about all stages and forms of education. As a comparative education journal, we are especially interested in work that is either explicitly or implicitly comparative. Explicitly comparative research includes cross-national studies or studies that compare educational phenomena in a range of countries. Implicitly comparative research typically means single nation case studies that contribute to a larger comparative framework about the topic.
IEJ:CP seeks articles that will have a wide relevance to the comparative and international education community. Articles about very specific educational practices or curriculum areas are better suited in specialist journals. We also do not typically publish articles about foreign language teaching.
The majority of articles in IEJ report original research. The research may use primary data, or may involve secondary analyses from available data sets, policy documents or reports. We occasionally publish literature reviews if the topic is considered by the editorial team as particularly relevant.
IEJ:CP publishes two general volumes each calendar year in June and December. OCIES Conference Proceedings and Special Editions will be published occasionally. Refereed papers can be submitted at any time and will be processed in order of receipt.
IEJ: CP Internship Program and IEJ: CP Partnering Engagement Program
The IEJ: CP Team has launched two programmes for OCIES members to get involved and learn about the journal publication process. Please watch this space, or email email@example.com for more details.
Dr. Alexandra McCormick. University of Sydney, Australia.
- Dr. Donella Cobb. University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- Dr. Miriam Ham. Central Queensland University, Australia.
- Dr. Radha Iyer. Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Dr. Juliana McLaughlin. Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Professor Kaori Okano, La Trobe University, Australia
- Dr. Nisha Thapliyal. University of New England, Australia.
Editorial Board Members
- Dr. Elizabeth Cassity (ACER, Australia)
- Professor Michael Crossley (University of Bristol, England)
- Dr. Tagataese Tupa Tuia (National University of Samoa)
- Dr. Sonia Fonua (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Dr. David Fa’avae (University of Waikato, New Zealand)
- Professor Tom Griffiths (Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway)
- Professor Meeri Hellstén (Stockholm University, Sweden)
- Dr. Zsuzsanna Millei (Tampere University, Finland)
- Professor Unaisi Walu Nabobo Baba (Fiji National University)
- Dr. Joel Windle (Fluminense Federal University, Brazil)
- Dr. Niranjan Casinader (Monash University, Australia)
Final review report of International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives
In 2019, OCIES and the IEJ:CP Editorial team undertook a review of the journal to ascertain future directions. To access the final review report of IEJ:CP approved at the OCIES AGM, please click the Download button below.