OCIES members might be interested in this publishing opportunity! Please note that the deadline for proposals is 15 March 2021.
The AGM for this year takes place during the week of the Festival of OCIES 2020 virtual conference. It is an online meeting.
The agenda, previous minutes and reports as available are posted here: https://ocies.org/ocies-48th-annual-general-meeting-2020/. Further reports will follow and all documentation will be available on our website. Please note that the meeting will assume that these have been pre-read.
We look forward to seeing all members at the AGM.
Please share this with your networks and any others that may be interested.
We are pleased to announce a limited-time offer to become a member of the Oceania Comparative and International Education Society (OCIES) at an amazing discounted rate!
Anyone who joins or renews their membership between now and Christmas will only pay HALF PRICE for a 2020/21 year membership*.
By becoming an OCIES member you will:
- Be part of a diverse and rapidly growing network across and beyond the Oceania region
- Be eligible to present at the Festival of OCIES 2020 Virtual Conference 8-11 December (see here for more information)
- Be eligible for discounted rates for future OCIES face-to-face conferences and to apply for conference scholarships and grant funding opportunities
- Receive advance communication to a range of online and face-to-face events and networking opportunities, including our New and Emerging Researchers Fono
- Be eligible for discounted rates at the World Congress of Comparative Education and be part of the global network of Comparative Education societies
- Take priority in publication mentoring opportunities
- Be able to contribute to the governance of OCIES through our Annual General Meetings and/or participating in our various Committees
- Support other researchers through your subscription and involvement
We would love to have your involvement in these exciting activities as we continue to grow OCIES as a vibrant comparative and international education scholarly community.
To find out more about Membership arrangements and to join up, go to our membership page:
* Please note, this offer applies only to the 2020/21 year – if you wish to join up for 2 or 3 years, your first year will be at half price, and subsequent years at full price. This offer does not apply to Institutional memberships.
Comparative School Counseling – this is the theme of an International Virtual Conference, organized by the Bulgarian Comparative Education Society from 22 to 25 March 2021. The mission of this international conference is to begin the process of establishing a new comparative research field that could be called Comparative School Counseling Studies.
School counseling is the most multifunctional position in the school system and is among the most growing occupations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor: ‘Employment of school counselors is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations’. Prognoses are similar in many other countries worldwide.
Comparative School Counseling would: a) contribute to a better understanding of common features and differences in school counseling worldwide; b) support transferring best school counseling practices and innovations between countries; c) help improving school counseling training programs at colleges and universities; and d) support the development of policy.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to become part of a promising and challenging initiative. Join this inaugural conference, share your knowledge, learn from and interact with experts in school counseling from around the world.
Looking forward to receiving your submissions and seeing you in March 2021!
Professor Dr. Nikolay Popov
Chair, Bulgarian Comparative Education Society
Conference website: https://csc-conf.one/
We are pleased to invite you to submit an Expression of Interest to present in, or run a session at, our Festival of OCIES 2020 Virtual Conference, to be held over 8th – 11th December, 2020.
Details of the Call are available HERE or in the attached document. Please read through these details before submitting your EoI. Please feel free to share this with any of your colleagues and networks that may be interested.
To submit an Expression of Interest, please click on the link below:
Deadline for submission is Wednesday 21st October 2020
We look forward to connecting with you online soon, and any questions, please just ask.
2020 Virtual Conference convening team